Aug 30, 2010

Everything new is well-forgotten old

Fashion moves in cycles and nothing new is invented. I remember when I saw socks in heels for the first time about 15 years ago in a Versace ad campaign. Back then I found it really inspirational with the pale baby colors, crop tops and high waisted short skirts. Now I'm finding it even more exciting especially cause I could try it by myself.

Photobucket
Outfit: shirt and shorts Zara, belt Bershka, shoes Mango, sunglasses H&M.
Inspiration: Salvatore Ferragamo Fall 2010 (www.style.com); socks in heels - Stockholm streetstyle (http://carolinesmode.com/stockholmstreetstyle/).

Като повечето неща в живота и модата се движи на цикли и новото е добре забравеното старо, единствено с лека промяна в цветове и пропорции. Спомням си, когато видях за пръв път къси чорапи с токчета в рекламна кампания на Джани Версаче от преди повече от 15 години. Тогава ги намерих за особено вдъхновяващи комбинирани с бебешките цветове, изрязаните мохерни топове и метализираните къси поли с висока талия. Днес тази тенденция ме развълнува дори повече, защото най-накрая имам възможността да експериментирам с нея.

11 comments:

  1. I'm already planning on how to steal the leather shorts with chunky knits look! :o) Love it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The autumnal colorway is gorgous.Fits perfectly to the colorful autumn landscape.
    http://www.fashionlifecoach.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,

    your blog is lovely! I will follow it, maybe you can follow mine to?
    + join my giveaway (last 2 days)

    All the best, Valerie
    screamyourfeelingsout.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love socks with high heels, especially sandals!
    Good outfit, nice colors!
    http://rejectingtheobviousness.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post and so true. I sometimes bring things home and my mum makes a comment like i had someting like that when I was your age. I love how it is just tweaked to be new xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice!:)
    ciao,
    Eleonora

    if you want you can see my last blog post on
    www.neovecchiostile.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great outfit-I can see you are starting an obsession with red color, same for me too. :) These socks into shoes really suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous runway inspirations and look, darling!
    Love the turtleneck!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the camel and red combo! So classic!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is a reflection of my inspiration and I'm appreciating it!