Dec 23, 2009

My girl Lara and the size issue

"I've never thought of Lara as fat", says Mario Testino, "It's just a matter of different shapes". And Lara proved this year that shape DOES MATTER in the world of fashion. Even Karl Lagerfeld, known to be a strong supporter of skinny models on the catwalks, adores her. She struggled to be a size 4 model in the world of 0 and her story is depicted in a touching way in the January issue of US Vogue.
The size problem is a major theme of the last issue of V Magazine with a wonderful photo session on the topic by Terry Richardson. The conclusion is -girls be proud of your curves!
Photos by www.fashiongonerogue.com.

2 comments:

  1. She looks stunning and I don't even see her as a girl with a larger size! She is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's my favorite model too, but it seems she had a tough fight (including alcohol abuse)with the 0 SIZE stereotype in the fashion world. I hope that the fact that she is the face of so many covers, brands and collections this year, shows that things are changing in the right direction.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment is a reflection of my inspiration and I'm appreciating it!